Cooking Recipe's and such

Request help or assistance with technical issues or connection problems.
Forum rules
Roleplay optional. When replying to a role-played topic, please reply in kind.
Tzalinia
Alliance: Lakewood Alliance

Cooking Recipe's and such

Post by Tzalinia » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:16 pm

So recently we had a new addition to the Server which added a few more custom recipes (Click here to see). It would seem that certin previously known recipes are not working. Some of these include:
  • Cake mix
    Biscuit mix
I haven't looked at what other recipes are not working, but perhaps the addition of the custom recipe mod has something to do with it, since before it was introduced both of these recipes were working 100%.

If anyone has info about this, or perhaps know if the recipes changed, could you kindly inform us here or perhaps PM the new recipes to me (since I already had them so IC I should know them), that would be awesome.

PS: Please do not post any recipes in here as that ruins the fun of finding them on your own.

Kind Regards:
Tzalinia

Tatus
Alliance: The Northern Pakt

Re: Cooking Recipe's and such

Post by Tatus » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:41 pm

I made a couple of cake mix just yesterday and everything worked just fine.
Not sure what you found that is not working but if you have any issue PM me on game and we could try to figure it out together.

Eloshan

Post by Eloshan » Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:45 pm

Please contact me if you have any problems with the new recipes, so I can correct them. They do not change any old recipes at all. All old recipes are stored in one map unchanged, and the new in another. If a new recipe doesn't load correctly, the server prints a log report explaining what doesn't work, and excludes that recipe from the cookbook. We can check the server log for error messages, but it's quite easy to test if the recipes work or not first.

Most old recipes are published, as most Wurm info is published in Wurmpedia, perhaps spoiling for some, but helping many too. It's easy enough not to read. These new recipes are not published anywhere, good luck with your cooking experimentation!

More new recipes are guaranteed to come.

Tzalinia

Post by Tzalinia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:17 am

Thank you guys!

The only thing I haven't tested with the problem (which I thought of only this morning after we got home) was that i didn't check to see if the quality of the equipment has any influence on this or not. I'm not having any problems with the new recipes (since I still need to discover those) and I'm sure those are working brilliantly! I also can't wait for the other recipes to emerge!

I'll quickly make new utensils and such and see if the quality and damage modifiers has perhaps anything to do with this. If so then this is more of a game mechanic than an actual problem!

I'll keep you guys posted :)

Tzalinia

Post by Tzalinia » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm

So I... Figured it out...

And as I'm writing this I am figuratively kicking myself. Apparently I'm using the wrong kind of flour. So pro-tip for those who ever wonder.

Corn Flour is not the correct flour for those two previously mentioned recipes. Thank you. Hahahaha

Tatus

Post by Tatus » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 pm

Tzalinia wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:24 pm
So I... Figured it out...

BlindMole

Post by BlindMole » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:06 pm

You can call me rude, arrogant, egoistic, non-friendly, whatever :) But...

Most of us know that our server have many custom recipes added by Valiance long time ago. Its recipes available only on Mystic.
Topic: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=35&p=64

So. Im decided to not share any of them i will discovery or discovered with anyone on server even with best friends :)
Reason: discovering cooking recipes in WU are ruined since almost all of them are spoiled on net. We have like 570 WU recipes and almost all of them spoiled. Its total shame.
So im decided to respect our specific Mystic recipes more than official, letting anyone who interested to have them - just go and discovery them, without skipping discovery fun :) Valiance, Kaylie and Eloshan worked on that, spend their time, etc... So...

Dont ask me "how to", will never say that, and same - if YOU discovered, join me and PLEASE dont ruin this still hidden and exotic part on our server :)

Thx for everyone who understood my point of view :)

I bet Tatus (best and oldest chef of Mystic Highlands, a legend) agree with me :)

Have a good day, everyone!

Spolmit

Post by Spolmit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 pm

Good post Blindmole.

Discovery, hard work and effort is surely all part of the enjoyment of Mystic Highlands?

Valiance
Site Admin
Alliance: Hearts and Armour

Post by Valiance » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:32 pm

I concur.

Good post Blindmole.

Tatus

Post by Tatus » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:12 am

Thank you Mole for your point of view and for this decision of yours.

I want to underline that not only I don't find this post rude, arrogant, egoistic, non-friendly, etc. but instead I actually find it quite respectful to others.
Since the new update cooking became a very enjoyable skill and not just a mechanical one. It's deep, and full of things to discover. And the discovery part is what it's really exciting on this new enhanced version of cooking, especially with those custom ones, that add flavor to the whole thing.

If you want to build something you have a clear recipe to do so, and the pleasure of building is something really tangible since you can see piece by piece your structure coming up. But in cooking, even if you get the final product, what matters is the process in which you use your RL knowledge, all the tools you've got, mixing ingredients with the hope to find the recipe you have in mind. And often you discover a lot of other recipes on the way just doing so.

Cooking is like alchemy, and your kitchen is a chemical laboratory where all the elements are mixed together to create something good that you can share with others.

Once again, thank you Mole for your wise decision.