Installer package for AGO's client modloader

Help your fellow Highlanders by posting guides and obscure knowledge here.
torar

Re: Installer package for AGO's client modloader

Post by torar » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:06 am

I did not change anything.
Yesterday evening i got a X and this morning i got the map back.

BTW...those files must by in de map called : Unlimited\WurmLauncher\mods

You did it again, nice work you both.

Eloshan

Post by Eloshan » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Yes Torar, I just posted the properties files because some people had trouble installing the client modlauncher. If you had it already installed then no need to change anything.

The map didn't load because of a server configuration misspelling ("Mystic Highland" - missing an "s" at the end). Our server host has a special configuration model which is a bit complicated at times, it has caused us some trouble before - but they have fantastic support and once it's correctly configured, it works perfectly.

The anti-climax with the update, where we announced the map was fixed, and it wasn't... :oops: I was looking at ports and ip addresses etc. but then I downloaded one of the server database files and noticed the misspelling I had fixed in the database was overwritten - the old misspelling was still there. It got me thinking :idea: "hm, perhaps it's the same problem we encountered with the christmas update, and the retainers disappearing after server restart?". So I went into the host configuration and there was the misspelling again. I corrected that and updated the configuration, and bam, the server restarted by itself. Well, after the restart, the correct configuration had been installed. Phew! :geek:

torar

Post by torar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:51 pm

And again you can see that it in the little things you dont expect..... ;)
Glad you solved it , cheers!!

Taranis

Post by Taranis » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:51 am

Hey guys and girls,

I just started playing Wurm again after a long, very long, break. Even had to change my characters name to Taraniss (with 2 s at the back) because the old character is gone I guess.
Anyway I wanted to start over so no problem.

But I do have a problem with the modloader..
Without the modloader the game works perfectly, when I do install the modloader I can't get Wurm started.
Not from within the folder, not from the quick launcher and not from within steam..
In steam I can see Wurm is getting active (although I don't get a screen) for a couple of seconds and then it's gone..

Anybody have an idea that could help me?