Navel of the World - Coronation Event Construction

Meta discussion about the server, its history and settlements. (OoC)
Helgi

Re: Navel of the World - Coronation Event Construction

Post by Helgi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Thank you, Spolmit

Helgi

Voladol
Alliance: Traveling Traders

Post by Voladol » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:51 pm

From looking at the pictures so far I think its looking pretty good. I would not put a roof over the entire thing, just the horseshoe shape of the building that is surrounding the center area.

I think that you should keep up with what your doing at this point, not alot of feedback yet. You posted your thoughts and ideas, gave people the chance to give feedback, then you acted. Nothing wrong with that. Keep up the good work!

Being new I have taken a watch and see kind of role. Did some work on the road a couple times, but other then that I did not want to step on peoples toes or step out of turn, still trying to get to know people and find my place :)

Just my thoughts!

Voladol
Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Helgi

Post by Helgi » Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Volodol, a horseshoe roof is what is planned. Thank you.

Helgi

Kishnar

Post by Kishnar » Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:34 pm

have mined 750 marble shards and dropped them off up there if you need them

Spolmit

Post by Spolmit » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Pottery shingles (340+) have been delivered along with more stone bricks (300)

If any more bulk supplies are needed, please post and if possible I will try to get them.

Helgi

Post by Helgi » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:46 pm

Helgi's Vision

Who would leave a project to a man turning mad or already mad? Perhaps Helgi scared away all but the most hardy souls. No matter, here is Helgi's vision.

A place of legend, the Navel of the World is where kings and queens are crowned, where people come together for feasting.

The building itself is composed of marble and clay (pottery).
Marble represents the strength we get from our mines and the wealth for those who can work the mine products.
Clay represents the earth, the strength we get from it in the form of dug materials, harvests from trees and the very crops we eat.

The building is a horseshoe shape to remind us of the value of our domesticated animals especially the horse which allows fast travels and the ability to flee danger except from the most formidable foes.

The archways are to allow us to see the coronation of kings and queens. The wooden benches are crafted from local species wood showing that each settlement can use their local fauna to benefit. The boy and girl statues represent the future as the future is to be determined by the next person crowned.

The gold carpet under the coronation chair represents the royalty that will guide us, the supreme marble slab the hope for the very best leadership. The red carpet is to remind the next ruler that blood may have to be shed in defense of the kingdom. The gravel pathway before is to remind the ruler to remain humble.

The feasting tables and chairs inside are also made from local wood.

The 4 pillars represent the cardinal points of the compass, the four deities and the strength we get from them if we are faithful.

Helgi is tired. Helgi must rest. If the vision returns, Helgi will say more.

Helgi

Spolmit

Post by Spolmit » Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:23 pm

Love the ideas and the reasoning behind your vision.

Kishnar

Post by Kishnar » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:41 pm

Would just like to say, Helgi you have done an amazing job here, wish I could have done more to help but I think your vision is indeed spectacular, you have done the server a great justice :)