Appreciation for Valiance and Kaylie

Meta discussion about the server, its history and settlements. (OoC)
Delilah
Alliance: Lakewood Alliance

Appreciation for Valiance and Kaylie

Post by Delilah » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:20 pm

I have been on this server for quite a while now and I have seen people come and go. I have seen the complainers and the supporters. I have watched Valiance and Kaylie deal with all of it with understanding and patience. It really distresses me when people constantly give Valiance a hard time about a decision he has made.

I think everyone needs to understand that Valiance does not just play a game on this server. He has a passion for it and a vision for the server itself. No one should stomp on another persons passion!!! If you have a passion that conflicts with Valiances' then you may want to find a server that fits you better rather than complaining.

Valiance, I personally want to thank you for all the hard work and time you put into the server. I am not much of a roleplayer, but I appreciate the story and the vision. I appreciate the events and know how much work goes into making them happen. I appreciate that you quickly deal with troublemakers that make the game less fun. I appreciate that you take a firm stance and are not swayed by opinions, even my own. :)

Kaylie, I want to thank you for your time and work also. Thank you for sharing with us the most important person in your life. Thank you for the support you give to him and the help with ideas. Thank you for your quiet and sweet nature. I don't think I have ever seen you speak a cross word to anyone in the game. :) Thank you for the sacrifices I know you have made to make this server possible.

Everyone who appreciates Valiance and Kaylie please add your comments below.

Anything negative will be removed.

LostTaco
Alliance: Northern Packt

Re: Appreciation for Valiance and Kaylie

Post by LostTaco » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:28 pm

Appreciation

Spolmit

Post by Spolmit » Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:31 pm

100% appreciate what Valiance and Kaylie have done for us on this server.

If anyone needs to see how lucky we are, simply log in to Wurm Online forums and see how many WU sites have tried to make a go of it and how many have 'bitten the dust'. Even the server run / created by Warlander (one of the big figures in Wurm) has recently closed due to lack of support.

It is no coincidence that when both Kaylie and Valiance are on-line the server population is high and active.

Harry
Alliance: LakeBritannia

Post by Harry » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:59 pm

I am one of those complainers :/ I do not understand what's wrong with giving feedback about what you don't like, but I understand it must be annoying to not get positive feedback. I always tell my mother "Isn't me eating your food quickly enough for you to realize I love it" but she still tells me to say it :lol:

Truth is, there are plenty of servers on the wurm unlimited list, but barely any of them are around 20 players regularly and normally around 40-50 for its normal peak. I am not a huge fan of roleplay as well. I am mainly here because its a populated 1x 1x server, congrats at managing that! I also like the fact that mailboxes are only allowed for sending letters and the additions of beds with quality. I also appreciate not just Valiance and Kaylie, but all staff that take the time to listen and respond fairly.

Keep going for your vision of Mystic Highlands, I understand what thats like. But also understand that Wurm unlimited's most prominent feature is a sandbox. As the only popular 1x 1x server, there will be plenty of complaints when fun features of wurm are removed to create the "Mystic Highlands" vision everywhere on the map.

Keep up the good work, sorry for the criticism on restrictions.

Lazarus
Alliance: Travelling Traders

Post by Lazarus » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 pm

I really appreciate Valiance and Kaylie's work towards the server :D

Sandman
Alliance: Lakewood Alliance

Post by Sandman » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:58 pm

Well said Delilah.

I think of Mystic Highlands as home, and I can't think of a bigger compliment.

Valiance and Kaylie, Thank You, so very much, for making our home what it is.

If you'd like to show more of your appreciation there's more ways too. Make a post every now and then at the wurm forums or steam forums telling of your deeds and adventures. Even just a snippet of your daily life would help.

https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php? ... 4090x4096/
https://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php? ... 4090x4096/

and i know a donation would be appreciated as well for those who can.
https://mystichighlands.com/donate/

Mike

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:17 am

I'd like to tip my hat to Val and Kaylie for doing such a great job as well. I'd like to follow Harry's lead and say that just because we don't agree on an new policy doesn't mean we aren't supporters of the server and it's leaders.
My personal goal is to try to be best member of the server that I can and to support it as much as I can in all ways.

Thanks Val and everybody in leadership for all you do. The fact that this a successful server is entirely because of the work and effort you folks have put into this.

Tidaril

Post by Tidaril » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:47 am

I have never been a big roleplayer, but i truely appreciate all the hard work that Valiance and Kaylie put in not only to keep the server going, but all of the behind the scenes work and planning too. I have enjoyed so many of the events since i joined the server and made many friends, long may it continue!

archi

Post by archi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:54 am

This is the first server I've ever logged in and I've immediately found an amazing community that gave me all the support I needed and that a noob could ever want. Building this kind of community is hard and time consuming, but you sure did a great job. I still have to get to know you well, Valiance and Kaylie, but I appreciate all the effort that you put into this project.
Just the fact that no one complains about an admin playing like a regular player in his own server is something that I find incredible, to say the least. Keep up with the hard work, you're doing great ;)

Lark

Post by Lark » Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:03 am

You can't have a good community without good leaders. That's just a fact & this is one of the best communities I've seen in any game.

Thank you Val & Kaylie for all the hard work you put into giving us the best place to play Wurm. I know we're a handful at times so just kick us in the balls if we need it, okay? ;)