Road change

Meta discussion about the server, its history and settlements. (OoC)
Mike

Road change

Post by Mike » Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:45 am

I was one of the players that was against the recent road rule change. I know that I'm just a player and not in leadership, so I may be overstepping my bounds here, but I've always believed that if I am critical of a rule/policy I should at least be able to forward a potential solution. With that in mind, I'm starting this post.

Wurm is a game that celebrates almost infinite styles of construction and player growth. That's the whole point of the game. In reality however, what is one person's treasure is another person's trash. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. My belief that any rule that mandates an identical look across the server is a dangerous path to follow.

I applaud Val for reconsidering the rule change. I believe it was first put in place for all the right reasons. We do want to have a stylish server and it would be nice if all structures/roads reflected the effort that has been put into creating the server.

If the roads are a concern, then I propose a rule that allows for artistic input but following a basic structure for roads... Maybe a max/min width roads can be? Maybe a restriction on slope of roads? I'd like to see at least a few types of bricks/slabs we could use. It might be hard to change existing roads, but maybe some guidelines for all new roads.