Hello again to Mystic Highlands

Meta discussion about the server, its history and settlements. (OoC)
Belgresh

Hello again to Mystic Highlands

Post by Belgresh » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:58 pm

I just wanted to post a more formal "hello" than shouting out to everyone in Freedom chat, so...

HELLO!

I took a very long (and unexpected) break from gaming and pretty much everything else for some very serious medical issues. Back when I first joined Mystic Highlands I was already dealing with these issues but they got really bad for me back in 2017.

Long story short - after 3 rounds of radiation/chemo, it looks like I'm coming out the other side much better than I was for the past 3-ish years. I'm not 100% yet, but the guys with the scalpels and IVs are saying "percentage-wise", I'm kicking arse... I don't want to dwell on it with you guys any more than that, cuz as my son keeps saying "DAD! CAN I KILL YOU ON MINECRAFT SOME MORE???", or something like that...

I want to get get back into working on some land here in the Mystic Highlands - I use to call Lallybrock home, and when I logged in the other day I could see that things have... changed, lol. Obviously my old friend and crazy whack-job Garret (let's setup a deed in the North he said, it'll be fun he said... :roll: ), who took a break from WURM and left Lallybrock to me, came back and hated what I did to the place and mopped up and changed things around and... and he left again, lol. He did dedicate a bridge to Marconius, so I thought that was nice...

So eventually, when Garret comes back to drag me off into the thorn bushes towards my inevitable "DEATH by Hell Scorpius", or I eventually become strong (brave?) enough to venture back up to Lallybrock will have to happen at a later date. In the meantime, I'm going to be tooling around Safe-ish-hold for a few more days, and then probably seek out establishing a much smaller deed near the ocean with a pretty view of the sunrise/sunset, and maybe not so many Hell Scropions...

I do have some questions that I will ask in other posts, but for now I just want to finish up and say "Hello" to everyone old and new...

- Marconius & Belgresh

PS - before I attempted to log back in with Marconius & Belgresh, I was tooling around Safe-ish-hold with Roderick & Hawkins, I was actually teaching my son (Hawkins) the game (he just wants to shoot stuff with a bow, so it looks like I'm in for some loooong hours skilling up Hawkins, lol), so a big hello to all the nice folks that I chatted with - this means YOU Zaeren, Sybyll & Vilhelm!

Duskwind

Re: Hello again to Mystic Highlands

Post by Duskwind » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:48 pm

Hello again to you Belgresh, Roderick and Hawkins, very nice to see you "all" again. Tooling around Safehold may be a good idea, winter is coming in a short while and that is a great place to work on some skills. There is a nice mine there where you can stay nice and warm while working smithing skills, Hawkins can train archery at the range there, even in winter-just make a campfire and throw a log in it and make sure you keep it stoked and you can train there all day. Very happy to see back, have a great time and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Garret

Post by Garret » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:00 am

Man, im glad you are OK. tried emailing you but got errors. not sure whats up.
i just got homefrom work and need to shower and eat rq. email me at User34562@gmail.com if you can. or PM me your email. or whatever. just glad to see you

Spolmit

Post by Spolmit » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:21 pm

Hello Marconius, Hawkins & Belgresh,

A massive welcome back to Mystic Highlands to you all. It is always great to see past citizens return- even more so due to the reason for your departure.

I hope that you have a great time and are able to establish yourself again after the winter that is only a few rl days away.

If you need any help just shout here or in chat and I am sure there will be a stampede to help you!

All the very best,

Spolmit